بحث هذه المدونة الإلكترونية

Mental Health In The Media Good Intentions Bad Outcomes

Today's topic is gonna be about mental health and its rise in popularity across all sorts of media. Most of the articles coming out recently have been really focused on destigmatizing mental health issues, getting people to see their doctor and talk about their emotions, focusing not only on their physical health but their mental health and all of these intentions are great. But the problem is that within life good intentions don't necessarily all the time lead to good outcomes. Is mental health being destigmatized? Or are we feeling more anxiety about anxiety by constantly covering these stories, overanalyzing what Selena Gomez is feeling based on outward perceptions. A lot of my patients have been coming in, self-diagnosing themselves with a disorder when they are actually feeling normal feelings to maybe difficult situations. Some patients end up self-medicating. Medications are dangerous, they have side effects, they need to be carefully monitored. Also at times, they sel

How Much Coffee Is Too Much

Hey guys, welcome to another Paragraph of Responding to Comments. Only casual, am I the sole male viewer of this channel? No, you're not, actually let's do this right now, I'm gonna do this live. I'm going to My Analytics and I'm gonna find out in the last 28 days what the, it's 59% female and 41% male, but the reason why you may think that is because males are probably less likely to engage in the comments. Why does Advil not work for me but Tylenol does? Diane, I have no idea. I do tell my patients to experiment with both, if they're both acceptable, so if one works better than the other. Sarah Amaladoss, what are some good ways to clear soft ears? Like when you're on the plane and your ears get clogged? Something that I do that's very simple is chew on a piece of gum. That motion of your jaw can open up your Eustachian tube and that can allow free flowing of air, which allows your ears to feel less clogged, I think that's a great way of doin

الصفحات

How I ACTUALLY Start My Morning

Good morning guys. was my morning routine and you turned it into a smash hit. Now, a lot has changed in my life within the last year. I have my new puppy Bear, I finished my residency and I'm practicing as a Board-Certified doctor. So I decided to give you my updated morning routine with the help of my new Lenovo Smart Display, with the Google Assistant. Let's get started. My mornings often start very early with the alarm clock ringing and really taking me out of a deep sleep. Don't hit that snooze button. It's gonna make you feel groggy and make it even harder to wake up in the morning. The first thing that I do once I get out of bed is open the shades. You want that natural light hitting you as soon as you wake up. Not only does it make it easier for you to wake up but it also resets your circadian rhythms so you can fall asleep easier at night. Next, I make my bed. Now this hasn't changed from my previous morning routine and for good reason. Both psych and military experts alike recommend making your bed. It yields tremendous productivity and willpower benefits throughout the day. Once my bed is all done, I go on to brush my teeth. You should be doing this twice a day, and not only is it important for your dental health, but we've seen relationships between heart disease and those who don't take care of their teeth. Something I know a lot of people skip out on is flossing. Now I have braces in the back of my teeth, so it's not so easy to floss, but I use a Waterpik flosser. It does the same job, shooting out a high speed stream of water, getting that gunk out from in between my teeth. Hey Google, good morning. - [Google Assistant] Good morning It is 7:02am. Today it'll be cloudy with a forecasted high of 69 and a low of 59. - Gonna be cold. - [Google Assistant] By the way, you need to film YouTube morning routine. Also, don't forget to go to your meeting. - The Lenovo Smart Display with Google Assistant has my entire schedule in it. It has my reminders, the weather updates, traffic updates. In the morning when you're tired, and you need your routine to be on point, this thing has it all in one place. Wait, where's Bear? Hey, hey puppy. Good morning little Bear. I love you. Good morning, good boy. Yeah, good morning. I know Bear, I feel the same way. You ready to eat? Who's ready to eat? This is my morning routine right here. Shower with the dog, and then shower in the bathroom afterwards. Good boy. Yeah. So, Bear ate, and clearly he's happy, but I didn't eat. Generally I'll go for some oatmeal, but I'm not afraid of doing intermittent fasting. Sometimes I wake up, I don't have much of an appetite, I do intermittent fast, but let's get the Lenovo smart assistant, powered by Google, to help us out this morning. Hey Google, show me a recipe for oatmeal. - [Google Assistant] Here are some recipes. - Ah, hot. Smells good though. The reason you see me put so many fruits into my oatmeal, is because I want it to taste good and instead of putting sweeteners in, I'd rather just put in more fruits because if fruits vitamins, minerals, fiber so you don't absorb as readily all of the sugars, I think that's the best way to do it. Mm, that's really good. Want a bite? Bear wants a bite. But Bear wants a bite of anything. I take Bear on a walk every morning, somewhere around 15, 20 minutes. He needs a nice long walk, so that when he's at home during the day alone, he doesn't destroy the entire house. That's a mistake I see people make a lot. If you saw my previous morning routine video, I was doing some calisthenics in the morning. Now, I got this stationary bike, so I'm cycling pretty much every morning. Get to do like 20, 30 minutes of solid interval training so my heart rate gets better, burn some calories, keep the weight off, all without losing muscle. I always tell my patients, you don't need to spend a lot of time exercising in order to lose weight. One thing I have to do every morning is do my hair. As you saw earlier in the video, my hair's a mess when I wake up. The only way I can get it normal is through blow drying. I use a little heat protecting spray just because I'm blow drying my hair very often. And then, I let the blow dryer let the magic happen. And a simple round brush. Keeping it simple, get a little hair product, clay or pomade, whatever you like using and then let it work its magic. Every morning, before I set out to work, I like to sit right here on this couch for like five minutes, just focusing, and I know a lot of successful people like to meditate, but this isn't about sitting cross-legged with your fingers touching. This is about being mindful. Thinking about what's in your unconscious. I know that sounds deep, but it's really about thinking about what emotions are you feeling? What are you feeling them about? What's bothering you? And when you connect those feelings and you're true about how you feel, you can be so much more productive throughout your day. I've definitely noticed a benefit, and it's something I recommend to you at home. Now I need to get dressed for work and depending on where I'm working that day, I have to put on a different outfit. For example, if I'm going on TV to do the news, I have to put on the full suit and tie. If I'm gonna be working the hospital that day, I put on slacks, dress shirt, tie and then finally, if I'm working the urgent care, I throw on my scrubs, 'cause I don't want to get my own clothes dirty. I think it's really important that you feel comfortable in what you're wearing because it shows. You become more comfortable and when you dress like a professional, you get treated like a professional. Time to go to the hospital, but first, let me check the traffic. Hey Google, what's traffic like going to work? - [Google Assistant] On your way to work, traffic is light as usual. It is 35 minutes by car. You can see the full directions on your phone. - Thanks Google. So there you have it guys. My morning routine is about to come to and end. I'm ready to get to the hospital. Don't wanna be late, because I have patients and I'm working til really late. Now the last thing in my morning routine is the drive into work, and ever since I was a kid, I loved sports cars and driving, but now I'm fortunate enough to have one. Now if you wanna share some of your morning routine tips, or something you do unusual in the morning, drop it down below in the comments. Huge thanks to Lenovo for sponsoring this video, and letting me keep the Smart Display. The Lenovo Smart Display allows you to navigate and command YouTube with the power of your voice. So you can pull up my videos, even when you've got your hands full and the audio is fantastic, so you can listen to music when you workout or meditate in the morning. Now don't forget to send me comments and share your morning habits down below. You know I love responding to you guys both in the comments section and in my monthly responding to comments video. Stay happy and healthy. You know, when you're feeling down sometimes, you just need a compliment. Hey Google, give me a compliment. - [Google Assistant] You should write a book about how to be amazing. It would be a best seller. - Aw, that's so sweet.
Admin
كاتب المقالة
كاتب ومحرر اخبار اعمل في موقع Healthy life .

جديد قسم :